American flags waived proudly over Memorial Day Weekend as we honored those who valiantly served our country. The holiday weekend brought LRDC members and their families together (along with thousands of spectators) for the annual holiday events at Lime Rock Park, headlined by the Pirelli World Challenge Grand Prix at Lime Rock powered by M.
This year, club members also took part in their own Memorial Day flag waving on the track with green and checkered flags guiding them through two races as part of the annual Club Miata Championship.
Held in the afternoon of Saturday, May 26, and Monday, May 28, the races included a roster of 16 club members driving SM, SM2 or MX5:
LRDC 2018 Miata Champtionship Roster
Club Member / Miata Type / Vehicle Color / Vehicle # / Hometown & State
1. Jon Sweeney SM Bl/Rd/Yw #11 Westport CT
2. Stu Hawkins SM2 Black #26 West Simsbury CT
3. Todd Sharinn SM2 Orge/Wht #27 Stamford CT
4. Victor Terranova MX5 Matt Black #31 Ridgefield CT
5. Roy Shanholtz SM2 Blk/Ylw #32 Ridgefield CT
6. Kurt Uzbay SM Silver #42 Woodbury NY
7. Brian Rielly SM2 Silver #68 Norwalk CT
8. Dan Moen SM Black #73 Ludlow MA
9. Pat Daly SM2 Red #84 New York NY
10. Kurt Syer SM2 R/WH/Bl #86 Sheffield MA
11. Tom Rush SM2 Grey/Rd #89 Mount Kisco NY
12. Tony Antonucci MX5 True Red #412 Westport CT
13. John Koster SM Blk #573 Canton CT
14. Michael Gershon SM Black #41 Millerton NY
15. Fransesca Dolnier SM White #11 Watertown CT
16. Charlie Craig SM2 Yellow TBD Greenwich CT
LRDC 2018 Miata Champtionship Race Winners:
Race 1 & 2 SM class and overall Dan Moen of Ludlow, Mass., winner in both SM2 races Roy Schanholtz of Ridgefield, Conn., and winner in both Mazda MX5 Cup races Tony Antonucci.
Noteworthy participant Francesca Dolnier of Watertown, CT, driving a Spec Miata, took part in both races held this weekend. It was Dolnier's first time racing after recently participating in LRDC two-day Racing School (sanctioned by Sports Car Club of America - SCCA).
For complete race results, visit https://speedhive.mylaps.com/Sessions/4883391
Images From Pre-Race: